Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
The VP Marketing will play a critical leadership role in defining the MasterClass brand blueprint for the future, leading a team of strategic marketers in disrupting how we go to market by redefining our value prop, identifying new target audiences, and driving best-in-class creative.
In this role, you will guide B2C class marketing plans and oversee all evergreen, seasonal and/or promotional campaigns. You will work closely with the CMO to define our brand architecture, vision and strategy, and align cross-functional stakeholders on our expanded portfolio strategy. You will also partner with our creative and channel leads to develop a content strategy designed to increase engagement, conversion, and retention.
Part art and part science, the VP Marketing will lead the development of full-funnel campaigns and will help shape our media mix in an ever-changing landscape. You will synthesize multiple data points to provide meaningful insights and actionable takeaways to lead the development (and iteration) of forward-thinking campaigns that will capture new audiences and reinvigorate existing members.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of B2C class launch marketers in the development of go-to-market strategies and tactics designed to acquire new members, improve engagement, and increase renewals
- Work with CMO and relevant agency partners to refine the MasterClass brand architecture, vision, and strategy – partnering with leads across the organization to refine product value prop, establish product-market fit, and design brand pillars that support both our B2C and B2B offerings
- Drive the development of “always on” and seasonal/trend-driven marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness, consideration, and conversion
- Spearhead the development of 360 marketing strategies for the expanded MasterClass portfolio, including product positioning and naming, target audience(s), creative development, launch timing and channel approach
- Collaborate with marketing leads in the development and execution of a channel-first content strategy that plays to the strengths of each channel yet maintains and upholds a MasterClass brand set of standards and speaks to our values
- Collaborate with business development team in the development and execution of marketing partnership opportunities that will help us reach new audiences and enhance our brand positioning
- Ensure the marketing team is delivering best-in-class capabilities and partnership across all departments, instilling a culture of collaboration and curiosity, with a results-driven mindset
- Foster a culture where people love to work, feel they can flourish, and are proud of what they contribute
- 15+ combined years marketing experience, with at least 7 in a digital, DTC company or brand
- 5+ years senior management level experience leading big teams (10+); a strong leader who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by
- Experience developing brand architecture and product positioning within the digital landscape, bridging together consumer data, competitive/trend analysis, and creative vision
- Deep working knowledge of all digital channels – organic/paid social, email, site/app, SEO/SEM, OTT, Linear
- Experience leading and managing marketing campaigns that drive meaningful impact at scale in a data-driven, integrated marketing environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and boil down the ocean to simplify, streamline and tighten process to create clear working paths
- A driver of change, fearless about breaking new ground in an ever-changing marketing landscape
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; ability to articulate a strong POV and inspire clarity and confidence to align cross-functional stakeholders
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA