Associate Performance Marketing Manager (Facebook Ads)
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 180+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What You Will Do:
This person will help manage the global performance, operations, and management of our Facebook channel along with driving collaboration across teams and other channel leads within MasterClass.
- Efficiently acquire customers by owning planning, campaign setup, creative uploads/builds, reporting, optimizations, budget allocation, and the overall performance for Facebook/Meta Ads
- Manage and work alongside our marketing partners to design and manage best-in-class campaigns including campaign structure, audience targeting, creative asset needs, bid strategies, channel optimizations, landing page optimizations, and other core Paid Social functions.
- Build, monitor, track, and proactively deliver ongoing performance reports and analyses with a focus on increasing channel scale & efficiency
- Identify growth opportunities and develop/execute an experimentation roadmap
- Work through automation, event matching, and data integrity issues with cross-functional partners in Product, MarTech, Analytics, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with latest trends and best practices across Facebook Ads Manager and proactively track channel updates and adjust strategies accordingly
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and services, and competitors to formulate a plan to increase traffic and acquisition efforts.
- A creative mind to develop a Facebook-first creative strategy, working closely with our Creative team to develop and iterate on winning creative concepts
- Inform the technical roadmap by partnering with the Growth Product and MarTech teams to define technical requirements and deliver continuous funnel improvements.
- Partner with the Data team to develop and leverage rigorous measurement strategies to assess the impact and opportunities of acquisition campaigns
- Collaborate across marketing and growth teams to craft hypotheses and guide a/b tests, lift tests, and incrementality tests across the ad and landing page layers to drive performance
- Minimum 1-2+ years managing a Facebook Ads account
- At least 3+ years successfully working in a highly cross-functional role managing and influencing projects from start to finish
- Expert knowledge across Facebook/Meta ads with insights into industry, bidding, targeting, creative, and platform best practices and trends
- Experience restructuring and scaling a Facebook Ad account to hit KPI targets, including a strategic roadmap, outlining measurable primary and secondary KPIs and objectives, influencing channel-first creative needs, and daily channel management
- Experience with A/B, Conversion Lift, and Incrementality testing and comfortable with regression analysis and other advanced analytics techniques
- Excellent verbal and written skills with exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Substantial experience pulling data and generating reports to generate strategic insights
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SQL, Looker and Amplitude is a plus
- Experience with DCO and Creative Automation platforms is a plus
- T-shaped growth marketing skill set: we’re looking for performance marketing generalists that can pinch-hit in any given domain of marketing, while drawing on the skills and insights from a singular area of deep specialization
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
The salary range below is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA