Sr. People Business Partner
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, learn business strategy & leadership with Bob Iger and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
MasterClass is seeking a Senior People Business Partner to drive the Business and People strategy for various functions. As a member of the leadership team for the designated business you are supporting, the Senior PBP plays a pivotal role in creating, evolving, and implementing HR solutions that ignite our employees, enrich our culture, and build leadership diversity and capability across all levels.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with leaders to understand their priorities and provide support for their objectives
- Proactively identify organizational needs, evaluate options, develop and drive change initiatives
- Partner with other People functions to generate new ideas, support and implement programs
- Bring creative and effective solutions to succession planning, talent assessments, and team/individual growth
- Drive planning and execution of compensation and rewards process
- Provide coaching and guidance for managers to help them unlock team performance and potential
- Identify and create development opportunities for high performing employees
- Analyze trends and metrics: articulate a clear POV, develop and execute solutions and programs
- Proactively get in front of employee engagement and compliance issues with sound HR recommendations; remove barriers that impede success of business.
- Foster continuous learning mentality and operational rigor
About You (Requirements):
- 6+ years PBP experience with proven results in high tech, entertainment or creative environments
- High EQ with significant experience and comfort forging strong relationships and influencing all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed
- Comfortable in ambiguity and change
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills
- Results oriented and self-starter who thrives in a fast-pace environment
What You Will Learn:
- How to build credibility and become a high impact People Business Partner to your stakeholders.
- How to develop collaborative relationships that impact business outcomes.
- How to adopt an outside-in approach to help leaders in your designated business respond to external trends.
- How to implement and measure effectiveness of talent initiatives and programs.
- How to analyze business data to create insights and guide decision making.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA