Jump To Section
Chef Thomas Keller’s Fresh Herbs Omelet RecipeEMAIL RECIPE
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams beurre pommade*
- 25 grams crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons fines herbes (equal parts parsley, chives, and tarragon, minced)**
- Kosher salt
- Maldon sea salt
*Butter brought to room temperature so that it is soft, almost like the texture of mayonnaise.
- Small bowl
- Mixing bowls
- Immersion blender and beaker
- Rubber spatula
- Pastry brush
- 8-inch nonstick fry pan
- Serving plate
- Crack each egg into a small bowl so that you can remove any shell, if necessary, then transfer to a beaker. Use an immersion blender to blend and pass the mixture through a chinois.
- Brush the pan with beurre pommade and set over the lowest possible heat. Pour the eggs into the pan until the eggs begin to set at the edge of the pan. Transfer to the 250°F oven until the egg begins to set and thickens but not fully set, about 3–4 minutes.
- Spread crème fraiche down the center of the omelet, followed by a sprinkling of fines herbes and finishing salt. Begin by rolling one edge of the egg to the center. Continue rolling until you are able to slide the omelet out of the pan onto a serving plate with the seam side down.
- Brush lightly with beurre pommade for sheen, and complete with additional fines herbes and finishing salt.
Learn more cooking techniques with Chef Thomas Keller here.