3 Variations on the Greyhound Cocktail
The greyhound is a simple drink, so there’s plenty of room to change it to your tastes.
- Add some sweetened cranberry juice to the recipe to make a Sea Breeze. Learn how to make a Sea Breeze cocktail with our recipe here.
- The Salty Dog is a regular Greyhound cocktail with salt on the rim of the glass.
- The Italian Greyhound is a version made with Campari and vodka as a substitute for the gin.
Classic Greyhound Cocktail Recipe
Prep Time3 min
Total Time3 min
- 2 ounces vodka or gin
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice (either pink grapefruit or ruby red grapefruit will do)
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Lemon or lime twist, for garnish
- Combine liquor and fresh grapefruit juice into a glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled. Garnish with a lemon or lime twist, if desired. Serve cold.
Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the MasterClass All-Access Pass.