Jump To Section
Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Citrus Caviar Vinaigrette Recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time10 min
Cook Time5 min
The miso poaching broth becomes the base for the vinaigrette. The vinaigrette should be rich and luscious, bordering on the texture of a sauce. Gordon sees chives as the baby of the leek family with an even more gentle onion-y flavor. The chives will provide sharpness to play against the naturally sweet miso. The caviar gives the vinaigrette a restaurant-level finish, but the vinaigrette is equally delicious if made without the caviar.
- 2 tablespoons warm miso broth
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons for zest
- 2 tablespoons chives, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons Osetra caviar
- 2 tablespoons grated egg whites*
- 2 tablespoons grated egg yolks*
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Push through a sieve or tamis with a rubber spatula.
- Add four tablespoons of the reduced miso broth to a medium bowl.
- Add in a pinch of salt and a twist of fresh cracked pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Stir in chives, grated egg whites, and grated yolks.
- Finish by folding in the caviar. The end result should be a thin paste. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Become a better chef with the MasterClass All-Access Pass. Gain access to exclusive video lessons taught by culinary masters, including Gordon Ramsay, Chef Thomas Keller, Massimo Bottura, Alice Waters, and more.