Gordon Ramsay’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time45 min
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2¼ cups milk
- 1¼ cups chicken stock*
- 1 sprig thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
*For low-sodium version, use low-sodium chicken broth.
- Remove almost all the leaves from the cauliflower and cut it into even-sized pieces, including the stem.
- Put it in a large saucepan and cover with the milk and stock. Add the thyme and some seasoning and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer steadily until the cauliflower is soft.
- Strain the cauliflower, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Tip the cauliflower into a blender, immersion blender, or food processor and blend until smooth. Carefully add the cooking liquid, adjusting the consistency to your preference.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper as necessary, then pass the soup through a sieve into a saucepan and keep warm until ready to serve.