What Is a London Calling?
The London Calling is a gin-based cocktail made with equal parts dry sherry, sugar syrup, and lemon juice. The recipe then doubles down on citrus notes with orange bitters and a grapefruit peel. Bartender Chris Jepson invented the fruity cocktail at Milk & Honey, a London cocktail bar, in 2002.
London Calling Recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
- 1 ½ ounce dry gin
- ½ ounce Fino sherry
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Grapefruit twist, for garnish
- Combine gin, sherry, simple syrup and bitters in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupette or Martini glass. Garnish with grapefruit twist.
Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the MasterClass All-Access Pass.