How to Set Up the Wrap
To wrap your pork butt, you’ll need two sheets of wide aluminum foil that are four times as long as the widest side of your pork butt.
- Place one sheet on a clean workstation, shiny side facing up, with the longer edge of the foil running perpendicular to you.
- Place the other sheet of foil on your workstation, so that it overlaps with the first piece by about half its width.
- When you place the ribs back inside the smoker you’ll want the duller side facing out so it absorbs rather than reflects the heat.
- Lay the pork butt on the foil, fat side up, about eight inches from the bottom edge of the foil. The longer side of the pork belly should run parallel to the bottom edge of the foil sheets.
- Give the pork one last spritz, then lightly spritz the surface of your foil.