5 Classic Sparkling Wine Cocktails
Step up your mixology skills by learning how to create one of these sparkling wine cocktails for your next celebration:
- Champagne cocktail: The classic Champagne Cocktail is an elegant-looking sparkler that doesn't require a cocktail shaker or any special tools—just a Champagne glass. Traditionally, a Champagne cocktail is made with just four ingredients: a sugar cube saturated with Angostura bitters, topped with Champagne, and garnished with lemon. The Champagne Cocktail is a simple apéritif (a low-alcohol drink served at the start of a meal) that is endlessly customizable: try different sweeteners, a splash of liquor, a dash of liqueur, or a little bit of fruit juice to make it your own.
- French 75: Bubbly and fresh with an undercurrent of sharp botanical bite, the French 75 calls for a mix of gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and sparkling wine. The French 75’s light color and characteristic fizz make it just as lovely to look at as it is to drink.
- Mimosa: The Mimosa is a refreshing, fizzy cocktail made of equal parts Champagne (or other sparkling wine) and orange juice served in a Champagne flute and garnished with an orange twist. You can customize your mimosa using ingredients like apple cider, pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, fresh raspberries, and sangria.
- Bellini: The Bellini is an Italian riff on the mimosa: a simple, budget-friendly brunch cocktail made with sparkling wine (usually Champagne or Italian prosecco) and white peach purée.
- Aperol Spritz: The Aperol Spritz is an apéritif from the northeastern Italian region of Veneto. Cold and refreshing, it’s perfect for sipping on a summer evening in a piazza (or just your fire escape). A perfect Aperol Spritz is a simple 3-2-1 ratio: three parts prosecco (or dry sparkling wine) to two parts Aperol and one splash of club soda.
Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the MasterClass All-Access Pass.