Summer Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
Prep Time15 min
Total Time15 min
- 1 ripe, seedless watermelon, rind removed and flesh cubed (or balled with a melon baller)
- 1 pound feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves or fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine cubed watermelon and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the lime dressing. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Drizzle watermelon salad with lime dressing and toss gently to coat. Let marinate at least 5 minutes, up to overnight.
- Immediately before serving, toss with fresh herb leaves.
Become a better chef with the MasterClass All-Access Pass. Gain access to exclusive video lessons taught by culinary masters, including Gabriela Cámara, Chef Thomas Keller, Massimo Bottura, Dominique Ansel, Gordon Ramsay, Alice Waters, and more.