Chef Thomas Keller’s Scrambled Egg RecipeEMAIL RECIPE
- Small bowl
- Mixing bowl
- 8-inch nonstick fry pan
- Rubber spatula
- Serving plate
- 6 eggs
- Brioche toast
- 25 grams crème fraiche
- Italian parsley, minced
- Kosher salt
- Maldon salt
- Crack each egg into a small bowl so that you can remove any shell, if necessary, then transfer to a mixing bowl. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Season with kosher salt. Whisk. (While it is perfectly fine to beat the eggs using a fork, Chef Keller prefers using a whisk.)
- For further refinement, blend the eggs using a blender or immersion blender and pass the blended eggs through a chinois.
- Set the nonstick pan over very low heat. Add butter—start with 2 tablespoons (approximately 32 grams), but use as much or as little as you like—and pour in the eggs.
- As the eggs start to set, gently scramble using a rubber spatula. Remove the pan from the heat before the eggs are completely done, or they will continue to cook.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and immediately spoon onto a serving plate. Complete with Italian parsley and Maldon salt.