Jump To Section
Gin Sour Cocktail Recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
- 2 ounces gin
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce egg white
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice cubes and shake well for at least 15 seconds. This technique is known as a "dry shake" and allows the egg white to mix better with the other ingredients, and helps create a frothier consistency for your finished cocktail.
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and shake well again, this time until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled cocktail glass, rocks glass, or coupe glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of lemon. For an even more elegant look, try making a spiral lemon twist.
Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the MasterClass Annual Membership.