What Is a Siesta Cocktail?
The Siesta cocktail is a sour that doubles down on the bitter citrus notes of Campari liqueur and grapefruit, resulting in a complex and refreshing tequila cocktail. A play on the Hemingway Daiquiri, the Siesta is a mixed drink that will win over fans of Margaritas looking for something just slightly more challenging.
Siesta Cocktail Recipe
Prep Time3 min
Total Time3 min
- 45 milliliters (1 ½ ounces) blanco tequila
- 15 milliliters (½ ounce) Campari
- 15 milliliters (½ ounce) fresh lime juice
- 15 milliliters (½ ounce) fresh grapefruit juice
- 15 milliliters (½ ounce) simple syrup
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Lime or grapefruit twist, for garnish
- Combine tequila, Campari, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add 4–5 ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Using a Hawthorne strainer and a fine-mesh strainer, pour the contents into a chilled coupe glass or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel or grapefruit twist, if desired.
Learn more about mixology from award-winning bartenders. Refine your palate, explore the world of spirits, and shake up the perfect cocktail for your next gathering with the MasterClass Annual Membership.